05 April, 2009

The Links between Domestic Violence and Animal Abuse

I just read this article regarding the link between domestic violence and animal abuse, I have heard this before before so the entire concept of it was sadly not surprising, however I am floored at these statistics...71% of women bringing a pet to the Humane Society REPORT that they are abused.

Link to Article

If this many are honestly and bravely REPORTING it, how high actually is the number?

The speaker in the article has a great suggestion that DV abusers also be labeled as "unfit" to adopt a pet, I highly agree...and I would definately like to add to that notion that the Pet Abuser also be put on a highly likely to be a DV abuser as well...

So sad, do these numbers surprise anyone else as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment