03 July, 2009

Abuse is a problem with the abuser, not a problem in the relationship.

I've had bizarre outcomes and perceptions from a few sessions of "couples counseling" thrown in my face for years from my abuser...the things HE took away from our experience have been greatly beneficial to him to further degrade me and justify his abuse.

Now, I'm wondering...how different is divorce mediation from couples counseling? And should I be subjecting myself to it?

The mediation or dispute resolution program that cares about justice, fairness and safety will carefully avoid mediating any issue between parties where domestic violence has been perpetrated. Any remaining questions may be addressed to your state coalition against domestic violence; many have position papers and other materials available on this issue, and many train court administrators and dispute resolution administrators to identify and respond safely and appropriately to domestic violence.
http://www.biscmi.org/documents/MEDIATION_AND_DOMESTIC_VIOLENCE.html

No comments:

Post a Comment